Saturday 10 August 2013

Newborn Photography - Cirencester Photographer

Newborn photography has been an interest of mine for over a year, and I have done various shoots with boys, girls, few days old to a few weeks old and each time they have been very different and so have the results - I was almost ready to give up as I felt "Nope I can't do newborn photography its hard work" but yet my passion for this area of photography has been reignited, all thanks to this gorgeous little girl!  


On Thursday Mum and Baby turned up for their photo shoot. Mum was so prepared - lots of clothes, nappies and bottles plus she had given me as long as I wanted to capture such a precious time in her baby's life as she won't be this tiny for long. We began the shoot with little lady wide awake and with a beaming smile but after a few shots we got little lady off to sleep and soon was able to create some gorgeous images. 


It wasn't all as easy as it sounds we would take a couple of photos then little lady would wake, so she was fed, cuddled and soon back to sleep, this happen a few times through out the shoot but Mum and I were patient, as you must be with baby's and children - you photograph them when they are ready, not the other way round!


The shoot took around 5 hours in total -which may seem long but between photos, nappy changes, feeds, cuddles and sleeping time, it meant a calm and relaxed atmosphere - happy baby, happy Mum and happy photographer!






From the shoot I have learnt that time is a huge factor in which you need to allow not just an hour but at least half a day to create and capture newborns at their best - food and patience help too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.